When you’re making a list of things to be thankful for, computers and technology usually don’t make the list; as a matter of fact, they often get put on the “hate” list of things that frustrate us!
However, I think it’s time someone gave credit where credit is due! Here are the top 5 reasons why we should be thankful for all the new (and constantly evolving) technology we have available to us:
- It allows us all to be more “earth-friendly.” Thanks to e-mail and the Internet, as well as the ease in document imaging, we can all communicate with each other without having to waste paper and ink, not to mention stamps!
- We can instantly access information on practically any topic we want, whenever we want. I remember when I was a kid; all research required a trip to the library and old-fashioned research with a set of encyclopedias. Now, if you need to find a Mexican restaurant within 1 mile of your location, you can not only find one, but you can check out the menu and order online so your food is waiting for you when you show up!
- It keeps us in touch. Although it can easily be argued we’ve gone too far in this department- cell phones, Blackberries, and even online forums (blogs, Facebook, Twitter) have enabled us to find and stay in touch with more people more frequently.
- It saves us time and money. Nothing has done more for the consumer than the Internet. In minutes, you can search on and compare various products and services without having to make a single phone call or (even better) getting in your car to drive about looking for what you want. Plus, you can order just about anything online and have it shipped to your door. Amazing!
- It’s a great scapegoat for any number of mistakes you’ve made. Missed an appointment? Blame your system being down. Don’t want to talk to someone? Use the old, “I have no bars in this area,” excuse. Overlooked an important customer’s request? Just tell them you never got the e-mail!
What are WE most grateful for? Those of you that trust us to make all the computers and gadgets work the way they are supposed to!
If you have any questions regarding your technology, you can call us at 1.800.638.9784 or e-mail MyIT@networth.ca