Outside Information Technology Sales Representative
The purpose of the Outside Information Technology Sales Representative position is to represent the company by showcasing and selling our services and products. The primary focus of the Outside Information Technology Sales Representative is to work with prospects by handling onsite appointments and providing final solutions.
- Initiate contact with prospects that has been generated by you and the Marketing Team.
- Work with prospects to develop a deep understanding of their needs and translate those needs into product requirements that satisfy their demands.
- Conduct onsite or online presentations that showcase the services and products of the company to prospects.
- Work with management to develop proposals, quotes, and respond to RFP/RFI documents.
- Effectively communicate features and benefits of solutions and manage prospect expectations.
- Manage the complexity of Managed IT services proposals, contracts, lease agreements, and service level agreements.
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings of the company.
- Perform sales procedures through activities and opportunities in ConnectWise and remain compliant with defined policies and procedures.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly sales meetings and ensure sales opportunities are compliant with company policy.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets in ConnectWise.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outside sales experience with selling relevant services and products.
- Possess a track record of managing the customer commitment, negotiation, and closing of the sales process.
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships.
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences.
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills.
- Proficient with general office applications.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in marketing or a related field.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- 3 years of sales experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, benefits included.
- Performance based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.